PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor
GONE PRO with
Go PRO Spain
For professional training, you won't get any better than Simply Diving Go PRO Spain. A big thank you to Simon and Kev for passing on their experience and knowledge as well as being great mentors and coaches.Dave Cross,
PADI Master Scuba
Diver Trainer More testimonials
If you’ve made it to this page, chances are you’re looking for something a little bit special: To be able to have the best job in the world!
You've been diving for a few years and have clocked up an impressive number of dives, swam with some amazing marine creatures and met some great, like-minded people who have become lifelong friends. Even though life as an Instructor is not always as easy as swimming aside beautiful, colourful reefs pointing out fascinating fish, you’ve decided you’d like to turn the ocean into your office.
The Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) course is one of two parts of PADI’s Instructor Development Course (IDC), the first portion being the Assistant Instructor course.
The Cool Part
The course will literally change your life forever. And will also reward you with the chance to change other people’s lives too…
During your instructor training here on the Costa del Sol, you’ll get to interact with your fellow instructor trainees and will create friendships that often carry on long after the course concludes. Don't just take our word for it!
You'll also begin networking with other diving professionals and start to explore the potential for PADI Pro dive jobs worldwide.
The Serious Part
The challenging part of this course is actually down to you. Your personal commitment to the training is the key to success. The course requires you to to be prepared every single day for your daily assignments and teaching presentations. Organisation and dedication are essential and are qualities expected of you as a working PADI Professional wherever in the world you may go.
What You Learn
During the Go PRO Spain PADI IDC you’ll learn how to use and follow the PADI System of Education by presenting at least:
- Two confined water teaching presentations
- Two knowledge development presentations
- One open water teaching presentation integrating two skills
You will also take part in the following classroom presentations:
- Course Orientation
- Dive Industry Overview
- General Standards and Procedures
- The Role of Media and Prescriptive Teaching
- Legal Responsibility and Risk Management
- PADI Scuba Diver and Open Water Diver Course
- Adaptive Teaching
- The PADI Continuing Education Philosophy
- Business Principles for the Dive Instructor
- Adventures in Diving Program
- Specialty Diver Courses and Master Scuba Diver Program
- Rescue Diver Course
- Divemaster Course
- Diver Retention Programs
You must also demonstrate competence in:
- Dive theory by passing a five-part theory exam scoring 75% in each
- All 24 dive skills listed on the Skill Evaluation
- A nonstop 800 metre/yard swim using a mask, snorkel and fins
What You Can Do
After becoming a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor, you will be able to conduct the entire range of PADI courses from Discover Scuba Diving up to Divemaster. You may also choose to acquire specialty instructor ratings, such as Digital Underwater Photographer or Enriched Air Diver.
What You Need
The PADI OWSI pack includes all the materials needed to prepare for a PADI Assistant Instructor or Open Water Scuba Instructor course. The 30-item pack includes:
- Instructor cue cards for PADI’s core courses (OW, AOW, Rescue and Divemaster)
- PADI’s Guide to Teaching and related reference materials
- Lesson planning slates for confined and open water
- Quiz and exam booklets for the core courses
- Specialty outlines for Project AWARE
- PADI Instructor Manual
Your Next Step
You'll want to continue your professional training by completing courses that allow you to teach beyond the core courses. For example, specialty instructor courses boost your Open Water Scuba Instructor rating, add to your professional portfolio and make you more attractive to a prospective dive centre or employer.
For more details on PADI professional level courses, or to book a free career counselling session with one of Simply Diving Go PRO's Staff Instructors, call us on (0034) 600 506 526 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
€550,00 Book online now
Please note: All course prices include full diving equipment rental, transportation to and from confined and open water dive sites in one of our air-conditioned mini-buses, light refreshments.
Extras: Educational materials and diving equipment can be purchased from the Simply Diving shop.
Need To Know
|Email for dates and details|
Go PRO Spain Courses
- PADI Divemaster
- IDC Preparation
- PADI Assistant Instructor
- PADI EFR Instructor
- The Instructor Development Course & Instructor Examination
- PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor
- PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer
- PADI Specialty Instructor
- PADI IDC Staff Instructor
Health & Fitness
You don’t have to be an athlete to become a PADI Pro, but it helps to have a good level of fitness.
Before signing up for any PADI professional level course, you will be required to complete and sign the standard PADI Medical Questionnaire [PDF, 120KB] and have a medical certificate signed by a doctor.
We recommend taking the form to your doctor for completion before you travel to Spain.
Have a question before signing up for a PADI Pro course?
Have a read through our FAQs and set your mind at rest.