PADI Assistant Instructor
GONE PRO with
Go PRO Spain
Simply Diving Go PRO Spain helped me every step of the way to achieving my dream and I couldn’t have asked for more. Having passed the IDC with flying colours I’m now ready to explore the world!Jake Owenson,
PADI Instructor More testimonials
As a PADI Assistant Instructor, you not only gain that all-important experience as a PADI professional scuba diver, but you also start properly getting to grips with the PADI System of how to teach.
You can act as an Instructor’s assistant and even take on some teaching responsibilities yourself. It’s the best possible way to gain experience on your route to becoming a fully-fledged scuba instructor…
The PADI AI course is actually the first portion of the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) and when followed by the Open Water Scuba Instructor course (OWSI) and passing the Instructor Examination (IE) that follows, leads to certification as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor.
The Cool Part
You get mentored while gaining hands-on experience actually teaching students!
What You Learn
You build upon your abilities to organise and supervise scuba diving activities, but at the same time start to concentrate on developing teaching skills. You learn through:
- Knowledge development such as self-study, quizzes, lectures and presentations
- Confined water skill review and assessment, workshops and presentations
- Open water workshops, rescue assessment and candidate presentations
The PADI Assistant Instructor Course consists of the following sections:
- Module 1: Academic Training
- Module 2: Independent Study
- Knowledge Development
- Module 3: Practical Application
- Confined Water and Open Water Teaching Presentations
- Standards Exam
- Dive Rescue Skills Assessment
What You Can Do
In addition to the responsibilities and duties you already have as a PADI Divemaster, as a PADI Assistant Instructor you can:
- Teach academic presentations under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- During confined water dives, present initial skills training under the direct supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Evaluate Open Water Diver surface skills under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Teach and certify PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Divers under the direction of a PADI Instructor
- Teach Project AWARE Specialty courses
- Conduct PADI Discover Scuba Diving experiences in a pool or confined water
- Conduct PADI Seal Team AquaMissions
- Teach PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty courses under the direction of a PADI Instructor after earning the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating
At a glance, compare what you can teach when you continue your professional diver education.
What You Need
The PADI OWSI pack includes all the materials needed to prepare for a PADI Assistant Instructor or Open Water Scuba Instructor course.
The 30-item pack includes:
- Instructor cue cards for PADI’s core courses (OW, AOW, Rescue and Divemaster)
- PADI’s Guide to Teaching and related reference materials
- Lesson planning slates for confined and open water
- Quiz and exam booklets for the core courses
- Specialty outlines for Project AWARE
- PADI Instructor Manual
Your Next Step
Take the full Instructor Development Course to become a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor so you can teach and certify PADI Open Water Divers.
For more details on PADI professional level courses, or to book a free career counselling session with one of Simply Diving Go PRO's Staff Instructors, call us on (0034) 600 506 526 or email us at email@example.com.
€450,00 Book online now
Please note: All course prices include full diving equipment rental, transportation to and from confined and open water dive sites in one of our air-conditioned mini-buses, light refreshments.
Extras: Educational materials and diving equipment can be purchased from the Simply Diving shop.
Need To Know
|Email for dates and details|
Go PRO Spain Courses
- PADI Divemaster
- IDC Preparation
- PADI Assistant Instructor
- PADI EFR Instructor
- The Instructor Development Course & Instructor Examination
- PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor
- PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer
- PADI Specialty Instructor
- PADI IDC Staff Instructor
Health & Fitness
You don’t have to be an athlete to become a PADI Pro, but it helps to have a good level of fitness.
Before signing up for any PADI professional level course, you will be required to complete and sign the standard PADI Medical Questionnaire [PDF, 120KB] and have a medical certificate signed by a doctor.
We recommend taking the form to your doctor for completion before you travel to Spain.
Have a question before signing up for a PADI Pro course?
Have a read through our FAQs and set your mind at rest.